Sign in to follow this  
shamrock (moat.gg)

MY thoughts on the crafting system

So before I start talking I do want to acknowledge that Pluto has gone above and beyond most TTT servers.I think the crafting system right now, at is core is great and I would much rather have it then a loot box system.Getting shards takes time but is not super heavy RNG. Crafting in  it itself is a good idea especially with the possibility of added effects such as coined. I think my one issue with crafting is how rng it is for you to get specific guns. Personally I am annoyed when I take the time to get semi decent shards and then have them turn into a gun I don't like. For example today I got a Dropletted tec-9, that is great.Then later that day I got a stable shard and some common shards, crafted them ,and got a pistol. I not only hate pistols with a burning passion but it was never going to be used because of my tech-9.I feel that instead of relying on RNG for the type of weapon we get there should be some way to at least choose wether or not your gun is primary or secondary. I know this might just be me but I think it would be an amazing change, who knows maybe I sound like a lunatic. also I know my punctuation is most likely shit.

What I find annoying with crafting is that you rarely if ever get something worth what you invested. Say you want to craft a 6mod coined.

A coin is about 3.5k drops, an OW shard is 3.5k, a confused shard is 1.2k and a shadowy or mystical is about 1.4k. So making a coined weapon costs about 9.6k, taking into account that using a mystical/shadowy shard gives you a 1/3 chance to get a 5 mod, a 1/6 chance for the confused effect to apply and the chance for it to be coined is 1/2 or lower, that you'll have to spend around 1k for good rolls (rerolling mods, hearting, handing, possibly (read: usually) removing an improtant mod having to start over and using dies to reroll the mod stats) and that every player usually has about 4 guns they actually like, crafting technically isn't worth it.

People generally won't spend that amount when the outcome is so uncertain. Not only that, but there is guns that are not very good and mean that you basically wasted your money (pistol, ppsh, usas for example). Now, I do understand that coined guns should not only be valued by the price you can sell them for but in the end, that is what it comes down to.

I am sure this will change with the announced crafting update though and I am looking forward to it.

thank you so much for the feedback!

i know this isn't a great answer anyone wants to hear - but all this kind of stuff does still need to be worked on, as crafting is still in its early stages all things considered. we have lots of stuff planned, so if you're willing to wait around for the updates, i know we can get it to be better!