Eppen

Mortal Wound Slight Rework

Currently, Mortal Wound has two possible Stars:

1. Mortal Wound: Damage with this gun removes 35% of the damage's max health from enemy.
  2. Minor Wound: Damage with this gun removes 5% of the damage's max health from enemy.

While Mortal Wound does effectively punish those who are shot by it for the rest of the round, there really isn't much of a reason to pick Mortal Wound over any other Constellation; as, with Mortal Wound, the same amount of damage is being dealt as if the weapon did not have it at all.

So I propose a new Star to encourage the use of Mortal Wound: Living Wound.

• Each hit reduces the effectiveness of the enemy's healing by 10%. This is capped at 70%.

For example, if the enemy were to have Rejuv on their weapon that heals 20 hp over 1 second, it would be reduced to 18 hp over 1 second. Each hit would reduce healing further (up to a maximum of 70%), meaning Mortal Wound would be more effective on weapons with lower base DMG but higher RPM.

This change would effectively keep the original intent of Mortal Wound while also making it more usable and adding a reason to pick it over other Constelations.

Other Idea

• Each hit reduces enemy damage by 10% for 3 seconds.

Edited by Eppen
  • Agree 1

I like the idea but the question is wether it is gonne be useful at all. Few guns can deal that many hits without killing and since max hp is reduced, healing won't do them much good anyways. Might be good against Ts but the constellation is more or less useless for Ts. And without a heath station, the healing reduction would only increase this imbalance. Would definitely be worth trying though, Mortal Wound is really not very useful as it is rn, especially when the ttk is so low anyways.

1 hour ago, ✪ Todd the Turtle Terrorist said:

I like the idea but the question is wether it is gonne be useful at all. Few guns can deal that many hits without killing and since max hp is reduced, healing won't do them much good anyways. Might be good against Ts but the constellation is more or less useless for Ts. And without a heath station, the healing reduction would only increase this imbalance. Would definitely be worth trying though, Mortal Wound is really not very useful as it is rn, especially when the ttk is so low anyways.

I personally see Mortal Wound as more of a "support" Constellation, meaning its not there to do more direct damage, but to help your team/hurt the other side instead.

How would you feel if it temporarily reduced incoming DMG instead? Could still function as a support but at the same time make it a lot more useful, even moreso than the suggestion I made.