Sign in to follow this  
Todd the Turtle Terrorist

Stardust Shop price adjustment

In the current economy, the newly added Star Dust is valued at 2 Magic Droplets. Here is a sample of what the pricing looks like: 1.JPG.25d541081a4c7b3cd92f798becf03ed4.JPG

In the current economy, this translates to:

Almost 5k for a Mystical (market price around 500 drops)

Around 2k for a Promised (market price is hard to say but inevitables are up to ~500drops for certain guns (though for most weapons, the price is lower), 3 are needed to get 95% so about 1.5k)

Over 1k for a confused (in the auction house, most offers are 250 stardust or lower so about 500 droplets)

Overall, the droplet shop is MASSIVELY overpriced in the current economy. Sure, the price for the promised weapons is still tbd but if they are more expensive then 3 inevitable guns, they are kinda pointless even though only needing 1 instead of 3 makes it a quality of life item (time saving but more expensive), in theory at least.

Don't forget that stardust is still new and is currently in very high demand without a stockpile of supply like the rest of the currencies do 🙂

I'm also still thinking about adding more ways of gaining stardust, which would increase the supply further.

I think over time these seemingly high prices will feel less steep as the divine maket progresses in development and age.

I am sure it will ballance out, depending on the spawn rate of the star dust and ways to get it through quests, events, etc. but even so, a confused shard is generally worth more then a mystical weapon, let alone a shard. I also realize that setting prices is hard with the economy being player controlled and even more so with stardust being new and thus not yet having had the chance to have its value properly assessed. But a mystical at 4 times the value of a confused shard (which before stardust was valued at around 1k drops), is definitely weird and not related to stardust value still settling.