Sign in to follow this  
Len Kagamine

[Suggestion] Old coined > New coined on NON TOMED Guns

Old coined guns should be allowed to update to new coined if they are not tomed. Old coined guns are strictly worse than new coined guns, and tomed guns are effectively unchanged. For example, an old coined gun with 6 mods goes from 72%>60% while an effectively 8 mod tomed goes from 96%>80% which i may add is STILL MORE THAN A NEW COINED 6 MOD (78%).I spent my entire time on this server making these guns just for them to become worthless because they arent new coined. A LOT of people spent a LOT of time on the server and all THEIR guns are now worthless because new coined. When the server originally nerfed coined, they nerfed ALL guns, not just NEW guns, so why buff NEW guns and nerf OLD guns?

Old 6 mod coined as of a week ago was 72%. Now with constellations, if you gild it it is 70.5%. Yes it is a nerf, but it is an extremely small nerf. Imo something that is going to be helpful to fight the ever increasing supply of currency.

New 6 mod coined guns are 117.5%* (13%*6 mods) = 91.65%, which is closest to an 8 mod tomed gun. I think the equivalence of a 6 mod pure crafted gun and an 8 mod tomed gun is fair, as to get both you would likely need to use 6 mod shards.

As far as the change only effecting future guns, I don't think everyone should just get a free coined buff. If you want the ability to get more drops, you should put in work and invest time and currency to get that reward. The idea that it should just be a free upgrade to all players seems a little silly IMO.

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

As far as the change only effecting future guns, I don't think everyone should just get a free coined buff. If you want the ability to get more drops, you should put in work and invest time and currency to get that reward. The idea that it should just be a free upgrade to all players seems a little silly IMO.

We already did put in time, effort and currency, and now they are a lot worse than new guns that would be made.

5 hours ago, Len Kagamine said:

We already did put in time, effort and currency, and now they are a lot worse than new guns that would be made.

I also just learned that all new tomed guns are showing 13% coined per mod so yeah IDK this is confusing. Prolly just wait to hear what meep has to say about it, seems weirdly put together, I assume something will change.