Eppen

Coined Implicit Rework/Nerf

Coming from someone who has a lot of experience using high-percentage Coined/Tomed guns, I can confidently say that they are too powerful when it is considered how easy it is to create them. It simply isn't worth using a non-unique gun that isn't coined, as you'll be getting significantly less currency spawns in comparison to everyone else. While I do understand the point of Coined is to give a lot more Currencies, the amount that they give is just too high, discouraging players from using any other weapons.

Changes:

• Flat rate of 25% more currency on Coined weapons that have a base of 4 Modifiers or less.
  • Flat rate of 50% more currency on Coined weapons that have a base of 5 Modifiers or greater.
  • Modifiers that are added to guns via using an Arizor's Tome (+2 maximum) count as an extra 5% more currency each.
  • Implicits should no longer increase currency spawns in order to reduce the power of Tomed Coined guns.

Examples:

• A Deagle with 4 Modifiers | 48% ➜ 25% more currency spawns
  • A Deagle with 6 Modifiers | 72% ➜ 50% more currency spawns
  • A Deagle with 6 Modifiers & Dropletted Implicit | 84% ➜ 50% more currency spawns
  • A Deagle with 9 Modifiers & Dropletted, Hearted, Handed Implicits | 144% to 65% more currency spawns

Result:

• Using non-coined weapons is encouraged more.
  • Using better shards in Tomed crafting is encouraged more.

If there is anything I have forgotten to consider/my idea sucks because <reason>, please let me know.

I was headed towards the idea of nerfing coin and giving % based on max mods and ones over it add an extra x%, so you are close to what i was planning

I do agree that tomes need a nerf, but I feel that making extra mods added via tomes adds a sort of RNG or complexity I don't like. For Instance a 5 mod could roll 2 extra mods and a 6 mod roll 1 extra mod and the 5 mod would still be better despite them having the same number total. Other than that I love this suggestion +1.  

I thought of something similar except diminishing returns.
all coined guns have a flat 50% coined
if it has more than 4 mods then it gets 12% -2*(x-1) x= mods over 4 mods

so a 6 mod coined would be 50% + 12% + 10% = 72%
but a 9x tomed coined would be 50% + 12% + 10% + 8% + 6% + 4% =90% coined

Tomed guns would still give maybe better coined, but it would be less of a return for every mod/implicit.
Or just removing implicit's for counting towards coined works as well.

2 minutes ago, Limeinade said:

I thought of something similar except diminishing returns.
all coined guns have a flat 50% coined
if it has more than 4 mods then it gets 12% -2*(x-1) x= mods over 4 mods

so a 6 mod coined would be 50% + 12% + 10% = 72%
but a 9x tomed coined would be 50% + 12% + 10% + 8% + 6% + 4% =90% coined

Tomed guns would still give maybe better coined, but it would be less of a return for every mod/implicit.
Or just removing implicit's for counting towards coined works as well.

The goal of my coined nerf isnt just to nerf coined, but to encourage the use of other weapons. All guns having a base of 50% coined and adding more doesn't effectively do that, it just makes coined a bit worse.

5 minutes ago, Eppen said:

The goal of my coined nerf isnt just to nerf coined, but to encourage the use of other weapons. All guns having a base of 50% coined and adding more doesn't effectively do that, it just makes coined a bit worse.

ah ok, then i fully agree with you

I mostly agree with this but nerfing the actual coined craft as well would be bad, it already has a shit cost-benefit ratio. On top of that, extra mods giving extra % still makes the tomed craft the superior coined craft.

I also agree that people will be more likely to use non-coined guns but I believe those that have made or bought coined or coined tomed guns for a considerable chunk of drops will be incredibly frustrated. 6+ times coined weapons could be considered endgame gear and they shouldn't be nerfed to shit imo.

the thing is coined used to be just a 50% currency increase before it was changed to 15% per mod then reduced to 12% per mod

Originally it doubled (or tripled?) all drops for all coined guns, which was kinda broken. THEN it was nerfed to 50% and people were complaining a lot, particularly when some quests could drop coined 3-4mod guns which were as effective as 6mod coined guns for drop increase. Then it was changed to % per mod to nerf the low mod coineds and buff the high mod coineds.

But then the tomed craft came and broke everything again.