Sign in to follow this  
DragonsCreed007

Server Optimizations

From the bottom of my heart, and i feel many would agree with this, before working on some new inventory updates or adding models or really anything else.

Please spend just a few months and work on optimizing your files, as the servers have crashed multiple times when we get around 16 or so players running on it, and the Monkey round can cause a huge amount of lag when a lot of players are on due to the high amounts of bananas that spawn in, and that the maps tend to have the occasional item that spawns in a place that isn't accessible through normal strafing and jumping means

I believe that we would all appreciate it before trying to cram more unique features in, that the server gets to a point where it stable with high volumes of people showing up, even if that means that the server needs to be down for a few days to properly fix and test the updates, i would prefer the server to be stable,

First of all let me say that I am not a fan of one person speaking for an entire community, when that is said let me give my 2 cents on your issues. 

-

I have not experienced any real instability, recently there have been issues with a certain model that cause player disconnects and a few maps with issues of server crashing. 

-

Without knowing what was occurring at the time of a server crash meepen and the other devs have no chance of figuring out the reasoning behind it. 

When something isn't consistently reproducible it forces devs to look for a needle in a haystack to find whatever is causing the crash. 

-

As for monkey rounds causing lag, this again isn't something I have had issues with personally, but it wouldn't surprise if some have, simply due to the amount of drops being spawned server-side. 

-

Items spawning in unaccessible areas are due to badly made &/ automatic nav meshes in the maps, not due to server issues. This is being worked on when problems are being reported. 

-

Few servers that run completely custom game modes can be be expected to run perfectly, the server is still in a beta like environment, issues will occur. 

-

I understand your frustration with stability, but for the community to grew or even stay consistent new content must be added over time.

If you let a community exist without a small influx of new content the community will grow stale and only a core base of supporters will remain.