Sign in to follow this  
D0ZZA

Golden Pan revival

Currently the Golden Pan is one of the most basic melee weapons, I'm not saying I dislike it, Because personally I think the esthetic of the golden pan is great, but the overall usability compared to most other melee weapons is very low, the fact that you can turn players into a golden statue is great, but actually being able to do so is exceedingly hard. My suggestion is given the Golden Pan a new much needed ability, this ability can be bound to the right click and would consist of this; The ability to throw the Golden Pan at your victims, dealing a flat 25 damage (The fact of it being "flat" has room for discussion, I just thought of making it flat so that killing traitors with amour was still possible) It would hold a set amount of ammo and would work similar to the gamemode some of you may know from Call of Duty games, One in the chamber. This ammo would be consumed from each throw, but if you are able to hit all 4 projectiles on the player you are throwing these at, you get the 4 ammo refreshed back into your Golden Pans reserve. I believe this change would allow users to enjoy using the Golden Pan in the new meta we are currently experiencing in Pluto regarding melee weapons and bring a fresh and new feeling to one of our old friends, The Golden Pan.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post and I hope to hear your feedback in the comments!

Edited by D0ZZA
Not completely Colored
  • Disagree 4

Gonna have to disagree. The Golden Pan was a Nitro Reward, and thus should do the same as a base Crowbar to avoid feeling "P2W" as you'd be paying money for a better item (yes, I know Meepen doesnt actually get any money from nitro boosting but my point still stands).

Edited by Eppen
  • Agree 4

I'm not exactly sure how your point can still stand when your point was "P2W" If no money was received from the creator of the item then P2W isn't an Issue. Golden Pans would then be more sort after and not only be used but actually be sold and circulated around the server, not sat deep in someones inventory barely to be used. 

• Disagree 2

golden pan is better than a crowbar b/c it only takes 4 hits to kill instead of 5 and it gives perfect greed on kill regardless if it was a rightful kill or not.

Edited by Limeinade

Don't agree at all, the golden Pan was a nitro reward, it should be nothing more then a reskin of the crowbar, it has allways been said that the nitro rewards we have gotten were to be nothing more then cosmetics and misc. 

As for how it's p2w, that's simple, you paid money to something and received it as a result. The fact that the something you paid to wasn't meepen doesn't matter at all 

5 hours ago, D0ZZA said:

I'm not exactly sure how your point can still stand when your point was "P2W" If no money was received from the creator of the item then P2W isn't an Issue. Golden Pans would then be more sort after and not only be used but actually be sold and circulated around the server, not sat deep in someones inventory barely to be used. 

While the money didn't directly go to Meepen it went into upgrading the Discord server. There were a few nitro booster rewards and meepen made it clear from the get go that they would be, at MOST, as strong/useful as the standard equipment. If the crowbar ever gets buffed, the golden pan could recieve the same treatment but they were never meant to be sought after, high value items (apart from maybe collectors wanting such a unique/limited item for collection purposes). They are fun, little perks. Nothing more.

The golden pan actually has a use as it is the only item that does not require a rightful kill to trigger greed which makes it extremely useful for finding rare currency (if you can find a willing sacrifice, that is).

3 hours ago, ✪ Todd the Turtle Terrorist said:

While the money didn't directly go to Meepen it went into upgrading the Discord server. There were a few nitro booster rewards and meepen made it clear from the get go that they would be, at MOST, as strong/useful as the standard equipment. If the crowbar ever gets buffed, the golden pan could recieve the same treatment but they were never meant to be sought after, high value items (apart from maybe collectors wanting such a unique/limited item for collection purposes). They are fun, little perks. Nothing more.

The golden pan actually has a use as it is the only item that does not require a rightful kill to trigger greed which makes it extremely useful for finding rare currency (if you can find a willing sacrifice, that is).

That is metagaming, which is banned. Thus making the golden pan useless.

5 hours ago, minty said:

That is metagaming, which is banned. Thus making the golden pan useless.

Hey minty, I can confirm after checking with an advisor that this does not count as metagaming.

Also, I already kind of begged for the golden pan to get buffed, and it received a pretty generous one of +5 dmg. I don't really think it needs any more and it's in a comfortable spot of being able to execute people around 50 hp consistently if you sneak up on them & casting them as a showcase for getting their skull bashed in.

I also want to branch off your idea, for a unique that is "melee" but entirely ranged with a cooldown-- if you hit all 4 it resets immediately/on kill and if you miss there is a large cooldown before refreshing all 4 charges.

• Agree 1