Sign in to follow this  
Kobolds: the Gathering

Multiple 6 mod tier gun suggestions - [Frail] [Unfortunate] [Hesitant] [Brutal]

As stated in a previous forum post, I intended to provide suggestions of 6 mod gun tiers to help broaden the scope of guns available for high mod crafting. These guns are intended to have downsides that makes them bad to play with, but not impossibly bad. This is meant to encourage a player to deconstruct them for a shard to craft with, but not make it impossible to hold onto and still use for testing or exploring new guns. These guns would have drop rates identical, or similar to confused guns. This would over all increase the likely hood of getting a 6 mod gun drop, but not make you any more likely to get a truly powerful one.
Please remember when judging these concepts that their goal is to deter the player from using them as a primary, but still be a viable option of the player wanted to. Ultimately these are intended for crafting with their shard. If worried about drop rates, please state what you'd think would be an appropriate drop rate for these weapons using existing guns as drop rate references. I personally would like to see them drop as often as confused.
I would only really be interested in one of these being introduced, but if more were accepted that would be fine!

Frail

"This gun can't gain modifiers that effect a player's health." 
This gun can't gain Protection or Rejuvenation. If any other modifiers are introduced that effect a players health are added, it also can't gain those modifiers either.

Protection and Rejuvenation are not the most powerful modifiers in the game, but I would consider them the most important for high tier guns. A gun with purely damage mods doesn't compare well to a gun with mostly damage mods, and 1 instances of rejuv or protection. Being able to gain life through gun fights makes a massive difference in your KDR for T rounds, and can even be impact on innocent and detective rounds. Missing out on these traits significantly weakens a 6 mod's value.

Unfortunate

"This gun can't have its modifier's stats or tier changed."
The modifier tier or stats of modifiers on the gun can't be changed. If you rolled a II flame with 10%, you can't change that without fully rerolling the modifier.

Your only option for improving this gun is to remove mods with Y's Taking then add them with hearts, plutonic droplets, or acidic droplets, or completely reroll it using mystical droplets.
This will make modifying the gun much more costly and lead you to have a rather mediocre gun even if you get lucky and roll tier I mods.

Hesitant

Effect version 1
"This gun can only gain 3 modifiers from mystical droplets. All other currencies can only give this gun 1 modifier per use."
If you use a mystical droplet on this gun, it will lose all modifiers then gain up to 3 modifiers. Any other currency that removes modifiers will remove all appropriate modifiers, and if it can add modifiers will only add 1.

Effect version 2
"All currencies can only give this gun 1 modifier per use."
If you use any form of currency on this weapon that gives it modifiers, it can only gain 1 modifier. If the currency were to remove modifiers, it still removes the same amount. 

Hesitant is meant to also be costly to reroll, but in a different way. It still encourages you to primary use hearts, but is less lenient towards droplet effects. Modifying this gun will be costly, but possible. Version 1 is less restrictive then 2, as I feel it may not need to be as harsh to still be an effective downside.

Brutal

"This gun can only gain damage modifiers."
If a modifier doesn't directly effect damage numbers, it can't be rolled. I would consider this to count: strength, marksmanship, toxicity, flame, bleeding. If these aren't all considered damage modifiers, then the list can be changed to conform reality.

To some, this type of ability might not be considered a downside. I personally disagree. Protection, rejuvenation, cycling, and crippling are all powerful modifiers that many guns and players want on their weapons. Although brutal allows you to roll a constantly effective gun for scoring kills, you'll often die in the second or third gun fight. If consensus considers this trait to be too good for a 6 mod with a downside, it could be repurposed as the new Powerful. I believe powerful's trait has always been too low impact to be desired for crafting. It's an unwanted shard tier. I think Powerful could fit well on a 5 mod gun tier if 6 is considered too good.

• Disagree 5

b a d 
i hate this idea
disgusting!
pls no more..

t

e

r

r

i

b

l

e

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Clown 1

I think these ideas have some potential. I'm not a big fan of Hesitant, but the others are interesting!

I don't think we should have more 6mod options then anything else. I wouldn't mind a few being added, but the point of weapons with downsides is usually to use them in crafting. And similar to Confused, they should have some special crafting modifier that could be applied in crafting. The reason guns like powerful exist is to add some spice to lower level crafting, for newer players. Overall, some nice ideas but they are very much incomplete at this point and would require a lot of polishing.

if were add more 6 mods, we should also add a few 3 and 4 mods to not have 6 mods be more prominent

On 4/14/2020 at 11:19 PM, YaBoiNathan said:

6 mod guns shouldnt be easy to get...

I'm not advocating for them to be easy to get. I'm advocating for them to be easier to get. They should be rare, but not as rare as they currently are.

19 hours ago, ✪ Todd the Turtle Terrorist said:

I don't think we should have more 6mod options then anything else. I wouldn't mind a few being added, but the point of weapons with downsides is usually to use them in crafting. And similar to Confused, they should have some special crafting modifier that could be applied in crafting. The reason guns like powerful exist is to add some spice to lower level crafting, for newer players. Overall, some nice ideas but they are very much incomplete at this point and would require a lot of polishing.

I agree. I am providing multiple concepts to be the 3rd 6mod tier, not all of them.
What do you mean by incomplete? Like do you feel I was not clear enough with how the tiers would function?

12 hours ago, Nordic said:

if were add more 6 mods, we should also add a few 3 and 4 mods to not have 6 mods be more prominent

Sure some more 4 mods would be nice. Unless the 3 mod had a strong passive like Inevitable, I'm really not interested in it existing. Powerful is pretty useless due to its weak passive and low mod count.

I’d say at least 1 more 6 mod gun that would be mainly be used for crafting would be nice. It’s exactly like confused, big win big loss. It’d add a little more variety. 

10 hours ago, Kobolds: the Gathering said:

I'm not advocating for them to be easy to get. I'm advocating for them to be easier to get. They should be rare, but not as rare as they currently are.

They should be harder to get than they are now. This isn't moat. All items shouldn't be OP.

10 hours ago, Kobolds: the Gathering said:

What do you mean by incomplete? Like do you feel I was not clear enough with how the tiers would function?

On 4/15/2020 at 12:10 PM, ✪ Todd the Turtle Terrorist said:

[...] but the point of weapons with downsides is usually to use them in crafting. And similar to Confused, they should have some special crafting modifier that could be applied in crafting.

You came up with 6mod ideas for crafting but besides the 6mod they only bring downsides to the craft. The confused's negative impact is reduced by the chance for it to give a positive implicite. If the shard has no other implicits it can give, there will be a 1/3 chance for your crafted gun to be fucked which is a bit high.

11 hours ago, ✪ Todd the Turtle Terrorist said:

You came up with 6mod ideas for crafting but besides the 6mod they only bring downsides to the craft. The confused's negative impact is reduced by the chance for it to give a positive implicite. If the shard has no other implicits it can give, there will be a 1/3 chance for your crafted gun to be fucked which is a bit high.

Oh I didn't consider that aspect of confused guns. I'll try to consider appropriate upsides to go on them to balance them out. Thanks for pointing out that detail. I guess that means Confused are more like a 16.5% chance of fucking you over, not 33%.

• Agree 1