Kobolds: the Gathering

A 3rd 6 mod gun tier - Charitable

Much like confused, this is intended to be a 6 mod gun with a downside and thus be more appropriate for crafting. I feel having an additional 6 mod gun oriented towards crafting would be helpful as often other worldly guns are not treated as a crafting resource, but instead kept as a gun to be used. Adding this 3rd shard would help expand options for high end crafting without reducing the risk involved of "cheaper" 6 mod crafts, and wouldn't threaten the value of OW guns.

Charitable guns would have the downside of:
"Drops earned through kills with this gun are rewarded to the killed player, instead of you."

Silver seems like an appropriate color for this shard, or some off white color. If multi-color shards were to be considered, maybe a combination of gold with streaks of blue, or as the color lining the edges of it.

• Heart 1

I'm not sure how this would play out in game, could possibly make the guns not very worth to use as it's an extremely bad downside. However I am playing with non-modifier related up and downsides to guns so this isn't too far-fetched!

46 minutes ago, Meepen said:

I'm not sure how this would play out in game, could possibly make the guns not very worth to use as it's an extremely bad downside. However I am playing with non-modifier related up and downsides to guns so this isn't too far-fetched!

Making it not worth using is the goal! As that'll encourage people to decon it to get the shard. I understand as a concept it might be rather awkward to code. Ultimately, my goal is to try and give a good enough "bad 6mod to play with, good use shard to craft" suggestion for a 3rd to be implemented. This is also a very unique middle ground between confused and OW, as unlike confused its still useable for general game play, but its still significantly worse then OW and something most players would not use.

Charitable also could be a practical trait to put on guns for testing. You could give some player a charitable gun to test on the primary server's without worrying about them in some way benefiting from it if the gun was stupid OP.

I'll try to think of some other bad 6mod concepts that are easier to code.

The question is, how does it translate into crafting? Confused has the chance to give you desirable implicits besides the confused implicit. It could give something like "While equiped, increases the natural drops (those spawning every round) by 2" or something like that. It could also have a max health increasing implicit or something increasing max shield by 10 or so. Whatever it would be, it has to be something worth the 1/3 chance of not getting jackshit for your kills.

Posted (edited)

I don't feel that a gun with no purpose other then crafting has a place in the economy currently, while i understand the purpose of  giving more crafting options, i feel that the idea of gun crafting is that in theory every tier is at a minimum useful,  even junks and vintage has a place for new players.

What your purposing i would feel would fit better as a rare drop that you could use in crafting to say increase mod slots by two and halfing the droplets from kills.
in that way it would act as a sorta inbetween/upgrade to the heart but with downgrades that act like the opposite of a old school coin.

Edited by Nordic

2 hours ago, Nordic said:

I don't feel that a gun with no purpose other then crafting has a place in the economy currently, while i understand the purpose of  giving more crafting options, i feel that the idea of gun crafting is that in theory every tier is at a minimum useful,  even junks and vintage has a place for new players.

What your purposing i would feel would fit better as a rare drop that you could use in crafting to say increase mod slots by two and halfing the droplets from kills.
in that way it would act as a sorta inbetween/upgrade to the heart but with downgrades that act like the opposite of a old school coin.

It's basically another confused. I don't see the problem with that.

5 hours ago, Nordic said:

As Todd already mentioned, we already have confused in this slot. I get your point on usefulness. I feel this gun ends up being a nice happy medium between the two tho. a charitable gun is still great for game play as you can get 6 mods on it with no hindrance to its kill potential, the only downside is financial. You get the gameplay of a OW but the rewards of confused. 

5 hours ago, Nordic said:

This is a neat concept for a currency, but I feel doesn't quite address the same issue. The goal of Charitable is to introduce a 3rd 6mod crafting tier for the sake of making it easier to access 6mod shards for crafting. I'd love to see this concept explore more!
I also don't think I like the idea of 8 mods being craftable, even if they have terrible earning. I'd really want to see balance tests between 6 mod "perfects" and 8 mod "perfects" to see how significant the win rate difference would be. As it stands i think the gun power level on the server is great and I'd rather see high ends more accessible, instead of the highest point being raised.