Posted (edited)

As sniperz suggested below I also believe having autohop only work if you are holstered would be a great middle ground

Ok so before you react with disagree and comment that you're going to stone my entire family listen me out

Most if not all of us played ttt before auto hop was a thing and if you remember back then it required more skill as an innocent and was less reliant and spray and pray because you would actually try and go for the skill shots that you cant go for now with people that dont actually know how to bhop flying around the map at mach 10

So I think we should remove auto bhop as it's making TTT seem more and more like a racing game not a fps/strategy game. With the amount of people relying on auto hop I know that a lot of them will not like this idea but learning how to bhop and actually earning it feels so much better than just holding space and making 1 taps nearly impossible. This could act as a nerf to spray and pray weapons as people will use more skill based guns.

Edited by YaBoiNathan
  • Heart 1
  • Agree 9
  • Disagree 8
  • Clown 5
  • Cool 1

Aside from <server name redacted due to tyrant retard junkie>, pluto is the only ttt server I'm aware of that has an autohop feature. If it weren't for this I'm sure there would be a fair share of people who would quit as it takes an obnoxiously slow gamemode and gives it a lil pace.  Additionally, the majority of people are completely incapable of strafing which will likely skew them to vote in favour of removing it. You may not find it fun to bhop around the map but if it weren't for that I'd probably be afking my inno rounds.

I am going to stone your entire family

• Cool 3
  • Pog 2

It definitely takes away from traitor rounds when you want just a simple and clean stealth kill using your obtained skills to get a headshot from a distance. Someone cartoonishly bouncing around (thanks to gmod 13's shitty animations), sometimes using a broken model on top of it, can result in some frustration when you have to resort to spraying and fighting a 5 v 1 rather than taking a clean shot and slipping away, maybe dealing with 1 person who saw or a kos that people usually forget before the round is over. 

I definitely see Nathan's point, those of you responding that disagree with him but say nothing more than the fact that you disagree; kind of don't progress the conversation at all. As it stands right now, it's fairly easy to get kills as a traitor if you pretend you are in a deathmatch mode. I whip out my M4 and start slaying, depending on the lobby - I could do it just as much with my deagle; if it isn't full of the usual constant autohoppers. What gets kind of exasperating after a while is the inability to really exercise the intended stealth aspect of TTT, or at least some form of it. Instead of careful calculation and picking off stragglers, it's become spray and pray and use the accurate tools for the people who don't know how to auto-bhop well. 

As it stands, I would consider myself against autohop, I wouldn't mind if it was possible to be a bhop god on here, I just think giving everyone autohop makes it a bit annoying after a while - trying to go for a mostly clean t round and you have most people constantly bouncing to whatever destination they want. I would say 40% of people actually use it to bhop, the others simply use it to bounce to and from but predominantly it's used in gunfights. I'd prefer if gunfights depending more on skill and less on what broken model to use and what movement to spam (jump, crouch, ect).

Lastly, if it gets removed, great. I'm sure it would entice more people to play, I've heard some good points from outside people who have tried to play here and were simply discouraged by the excess of bhoppers bouncing around. It's also kind of difficult for new players in general to have successful T rounds when you have FPS world champions bouncing around at high velocities waiting to 1 tap someone through their legs while backwards. I think at most, if something more entertaining is added that makes inno rounds less bleak and boring, autohop could be removed and people who actually know how to bhop can still do so - and people who just use autohop can either learn or move as intended. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Winner 1

The way I see it:

Pros of Removing

• More skill-based gameplay.
  • Less delaying (in 1v1s specifically on larger maps); the last inno is often just bhopping around and the traitor can hardly keep up, which leads to unnecessarily long rounds.
  • Specific models are awful to try to hit when they are moving at Mach3.

Cons of Removing

• Bleeding would need to be reworked, as (to my understanding) the only way to achieve max bleed potential is if your target is moving fast via bhopping.
  • Large maps are awful to navigate without bhop.

Alternative Solutions

• Increase bullet spread when bhopping.
  • Prevent players from bhopping while crouched.

Obviously there's other pros/cons/solutions that I haven't mentioned, this is all that I could come up with as of now.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2020 at 12:06 PM, T$E Sniperz` said:

Have auto bhop be enabled while holstered could be an idea

i could see this being a really good solution, meets in the middle and keeps bhopping an actual skill but for people that dont want to they can still use autohop.

-or could be in melee (thanks sneaky)

Edited by YaBoiNathan
  • Cool 1

If it were to be removed which I dont mind then we should be able to bhop with our melees/holstered i think taking bhopping out completely will discourage a majority of the players who use bhop as a tool to move around such big maps

• Agree 2

Why not have a mechanic in some games where if you spam jump, you start jumping not as high and also not as often? Kinda like stamina but in a unique way

• Disagree 2

... what about if it only activates once you have taken damage and lasts for a certain amount of time, like 4 seconds?

9 hours ago, ✪ Todd the Turtle Terrorist said:

Make cripple prevent bhopping. Big Brain Solutions by Todd™

We shouldnt have to have a mod on our gun to prevent a skill that has been in the game for 16 years. I just believe it should stay a skill not something handed to you

The hopping doesn't skill. Rather, you need to know how to strafe. If you want to bhop but can't get the timing right, you can bind jump to mw.

On top of that, removing auto bhop puts new players at a disadvantage. Bhop being a skill is nice and all, but you still require skill to utilize the auto bhop. I don't think taking it away is the right way to fix whatever your problem with it is.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:18 AM, YaBoiNathan said:

[...] because you would actually try and go for the skill shots that you cant go for now with people that dont actually know how to bhop flying around the map at mach 10.

I am about 90% sure that people who don't know how to bhop are not the people flying around at max velocity. But at the same time, you don't seem to mind people flying around the map as long as they have to spam a button in order to do it? For the average player on our server, bhop means they can move a little bit faster and have the chance to collect more precious currency. I really see no reason to take that from them. The only real problem is that you can reach mach 10. I assume Meepens answer to that was bleed trippling damage when people are going Sonic.

The reason I suggested Cripple as one solution is that it would just be doing what it was designed to do: Slow people down. Currently, Bhopping is unaffected since you don't walk but hop, barely touching the ground. So, unless Meepen can make it affect the max velocity rather then the run speed, it should disable jumping imo. Fight me.

Another good solution I saw was this:

On 4/14/2020 at 2:22 AM, المد الذي لا يمكن وقفه للإسلام said:

don't remember how you do it in gmod, but there potentially might be a way to cap the max velocity achievable iirc, which is definitely a change id be down for, would still be able to keep autohop in while also preventing people from reaching mach 3 while doing it 

I think this one is the best solution for people going max velocity and becoming near impossible to hit.

+1 Sniperz idea of only allowing people to auto bhop when they have their stuff holstered is great. People who want to just go get their currency/get places quick can put their weapon away which is risky but allows them to get that speed to do these things quickly.  This middle ground caters to everyone perfectly imo. Also as someone who likes to use a sniper nearly everyone constantly jumping and moving fast by simply holding a key gets frustrating especially when they start getting mad saying to stop delaying when you just cant combat that very easily.